The Twin Coil Ferrite® AM Antenna is ideal for boosting AM radio reception on any radio. It will reduce the fade-out found with a night time signal by 90% over what you have now. The TCA can double the signal strength of any weak station during the day.
It can improve radios that are placed in a bad reception location of your house or building like normally found in brick, stucco, or metal-sided homes. The TCA works with any radio, from portables to home stereos. Its wireless ferrite stick works on radios without antenna connectors, while the typical wire patch cord functions with radio antenna connectors like found on stereos. It can also be used to improve reception with the CCRadio 2 or the CCRadio-SW that have a built-in Twin Coil Ferrite®, but only on very weak signals.
If you have a favorite AM radio station but experience poor reception at the exact place where you want to play your radio, the TCA can increase your AM radio reception significantly. It can reduce heavy static and distortion as well. The TCA element is capable of picking up a clean signal at a distance from your radio and shoving a clean signal to the radio and overriding the static. This feature alone can make it the best AM antenna because there is no other way to get a clean signal. It has the highest gain of any commercial AM antenna.
The antenna element has directional characteristics. By rotating the antenna element in a window or outside you can improve the signal strength. As with any AM Antenna, you need to take the time to experiment to find the best location and direction of the TCA. The TCA selectively tunes and amplifies an AM radio signal of a specific frequency and inductively couples the amplified signal to either the internal loop antenna of your receiver or directly to the receiver’s external antenna connectors. For best results, the antenna element should be placed away from electronic devices to send a clear signal to a radio.
- The TCA will run on either the included AC adapter or using a 9-volt battery (sold separately). The antenna will run for approximately 45 hours on battery power.
- We also offer 25-foot and 50-foot extension cable kits if you have radio noise and heavy static caused by internal electric interference, using the TCA outside would be needed. It will need to be protected from weather and possibly grounded. This will allow the antenna element to be placed further away from the tuner box, such as outside or in a window further than the 5 foot included cable. Each kit includes PS2 cable, connector grease and coax seal.
- With our custom made ferrite stick it can work great with our CC Witness. It will rest on the cradle stand which is part of the CC Witness Accessory Kit.
- When using the TCA, turn the radio around until you receive the best reception of a weak station. Place the TCA element bar, horizontally, 5 ft away but position the antenna in the same position as the radio. Turn radio 90 degrees. Place the ferrite stick on top and find the sweet spot. Tune the TCA Coarse tuner for the highest gain and tune the Fine tuner to improve clarity.
- Tuner control (3.25″ W x 4.3″ H x 1.4″ D)
- Antenna element (8.6″ W x 2.5″ H x 1.5″ D)
- Ferrite stick (3″ wide)
- 1/8-inch mono to RCA connector patch cord (69″)
- 5-foot PS2 connection cable
- RCA female patch cord to two bare wire ends
- Hook and loop fastener
- Mounting hardware
Total length when completely connected: Approx. 10 feet
(Pat. #US 6,529,169 B2)